Thursday, November 24, 2011

Duck Tape Dress Form, Part 1.5: not quite done

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just want to put a note in here that I'm still working on my husband's body double.

The issue I'm having is that as the Great Stuff spray foam dries it is sucking/pushing the duck tape form in various directions. Not horribly, but it's not all pretty like it was. It is much harder & more durable than the other things I've used to stuff forms with, but the way I did it this time is not how I'll do it next time.

That's all... I'm still hoping for a usable form.

Eat lots, sleep well!

NOTE: it's bad. Really, really bad. DO NOT USE SPRAY FOAM! After $60 in materials & many hours of work the distorted & deformed results aren't pretty.
I may try to "save" it, but still deciding if it's worth the extra effort or not. I'm leaning towards not.

I will post the "how to" bits right up to where it went wrong, then I'll post "how not to" just for ironic giggles.

No comments: